1. S + V+ too + adj/adv + (for someone) + to do something (quá….để cho ai làm gì…)
This structure is too easy for you to remember.
He ran too fast for me to follow.
2. S + V + so + adj/ adv + that +S + V (quá… đến nỗi mà…)
This box is so heavy that I cannot take it.
He speaks so soft that we can’t hear anything.
3. It + V + such + (a/an) + N(s) + that + S +V (quá… đến nỗi mà…)
E.g: It is such a heavy box that I cannot take it.
It is such interesting books that I cannot ignore them at all.
4. S + V + adj/ adv + enough + (for someone) + to do something. (Đủ… cho ai đó làm gì…)
She is old enough to get married.
They are intelligent enough for me to teach them English.
5. Have/ get + something + done (VpII) (nhờ ai hoặc thuê ai làm gì…)
I had my hair cut yesterday.
I’d like to have my shoes repaired.
6. It + be + time + S + V (-ed, cột 2) / It’s +time +for someone +to do something (đã đến lúc ai đó phải làm gì…)
It is time you had a shower.
It’s time for me to ask all of you for this question.
7. It + takes/took+ someone + amount of time + to do something (làm gì… mất bao nhiêu thời gian…)
It takes me 5 minutes to get to school.
It took him 10 minutes to do this exercise yesterday.
8. To prevent/stop + someone/something + From + V-ing (ngăn cản ai/cái gì… không làm gì..)
I can’t prevent him from smoking
I can’t stop her from tearing
9. S + find+ it+ adj to do something (thấy … để làm gì…)
I find it very difficult to learn about English.
They found it easy to overcome that problem.
10. To prefer + Noun/ V-ing + to + N/ V-ing. (Thích cái gì/làm gì hơn cái gì/ làm gì)
I prefer dog to cat.
I prefer reading books to watching TV.
11. Would rather + V (infinitive) + than + V (infinitive) (thích làm gì hơn làm gì)
She would rather play games than read books.
I’d rather learn English than learn Biology.
12. To be/get Used to + V-ing (quen làm gì)
I am used to eating with chopsticks.
13. Used to + V (infinitive) (Thường làm gì trong qúa khứ và bây giờ không làm nữa)
I used to go fishing with my friend when I was young.
She used to smoke 10 cigarettes a day.
14. To be amazed at = to be surprised at + N/V-ing ( ngạc nhiên về….)
She was amazed at how calm she felt after the accident.
15. To be angry at + N/V-ing (tức giận về)
His father was very angry at his bad marks. (Bố anh ấy rất tức giận vì anh ấy bị điểm thấp.)
Câu đảo ngữ:
Từ vựng và cấu trúc topic Family:
16. to be good at/ bad at + N/ V-ing (giỏi về…/ kém về…)
I am good at baking.
I used to be bad at Math.
17. by chance = by accident (adv) (tình cờ)
I found this briefcase by accident, I didn’t know that was yours.
18. to be/get tired of + N/V-ing (mệt mỏi về…)
I was tired of doing the same task over and over again.
She soon got tired of her boss ignoring her.
19. can’t help / resist + V-ing (không nhịn được làm gì…)
She couldn’t help buying all the clothes in the shop.
The boy can’t resist eating that chocolate bar.
20. to be keen on/ to be fond of + N/V-ing (thích làm gì đó…)
I’m keen on action movies such as Avengers: Endgame.
I used to be fond of noisy places like bars and clubs.
21. to be interested in + N/V-ing (quan tâm đến…)
The buyer is very interested with our offer.
22. to waste + time/ money + V-ing (tốn tiền hoặc thời gian làm gì)
I don’t want you to waste time playing video games.
The company wasted a lot of money on setting up a new location.
23. To spend + amount of time/ money + V-ing (dành bao nhiêu thời gian làm gì…)
She spent a lot of time hanging out in shopping malls.
Our family has spent a lot of money on fixing that roof.
24. to give up + V-ing/ N (từ bỏ làm gì/ cái gì…)
My dad gave up smoking years ago.
25. would like/ want/wish + to do something (muốn làm gì…)
I would like to go to a fancy restaurant.
I want to have some warm milk for breakfast.
I wish to earn more money this year.
26. have + (something) to + Verb (có cái gì đó để làm)
I have a lot of homework to do today.
27. It + be + something/ someone + that/ who (chính…mà…)
It is this hospital that I was born in.
It is Minh who used to be my math teacher.
28. Had better + V(infinitive) (nên làm gì….)
She had better go back to college.
29. avoid + N/V-ing (tránh ai hay việc gì)
You can’t avoid responsibilities at work.
I know that you’re mad, but you can’t avoid your mom forever.
30. It’s + too + adj + to + V-infinitive (quá … để làm gì)
It’s too hot to go out today, let’s stay inside.
31. Take place = happen = occur (xảy ra)
The match took place at My Dinh Stadium last week.
32. to be excited about (thích thú)
I was extremely excited about going to Japan for the first time.
33. to be bored with/ fed up with (chán cái gì/làm gì)
I was fed up with paying bills in the city, so I moved back to my hometown.
34. There is + N-số ít, there are + N-số nhiều (có cái gì…)
There is a cup of tea on the table.
There are many people sitting in the living room now.
35. feel like + V-ing (cảm thấy thích làm gì…)
Yesterday, I felt like going out for a drink, so I called the girls up.
36. expect someone to do something (mong đợi ai làm gì…)
My teacher expects me to admit cheating, but I won’t.
37. advise someone to do something (khuyên ai làm gì…)
My doctor advised the man to stop drinking.
38. go + V-ing (chỉ các trò tiêu khiển..)
I went swimming the other night at the beach.
39. leave someone alone (để ai yên…)
I wish you could leave me alone for a second!
40. By + V-ing (bằng cách làm…)
By paying atttention throughout the course, Jane has passed the exam as the top scorer.
41. decide + to + V-infinitive
My father has decided to purchased a new car for the family.
42. for a long time = for years = for ages (đã nhiều năm rồi)
I haven’t seen you for ages!
43. When + S + V-ed, S + was/were + V-ing.
When I reached home, my mother was cooking dinner.
44. When + S + V-ed, S + had + Pii
When I reached home, my mother had already set up our dinner.
45. Before + S + V-ed, S + had + Pii
Before I reached home, my mother had already set up our dinner.
46. After + S + had +Pii, S + V-ed
After my sister had done her homework, she went to bed.
47. to be crowded with (rất đông cái gì đó…)
Hanoi is often crowded with tourists.
48. to be full of (đầy cái gì đó…)
I can see that you are full of joy today.
49. To be seem + adj
Everybody seems so relaxed since it’s almost Tet festival.
50. except for/ apart from (ngoài, trừ…)
All students can go home, except for Peter.
Apart from Math, your final results are pretty good.
51. as soon as (ngay sau khi)
As soon as you return home, feed the cat.
52. to be afraid of (sợ cái gì..)
I used to be afraid of spiders when I was a child.
53. can / could hardly (hầu như không thể)
I could hardly hear what you are saying, it’s so loud in here.
54. Have difficulty + V-ing (gặp khó khăn làm gì…)
We had some difficulties while doing the project.
55. suggest sb do something (gợi ý cho ai đó làm gì)
The doctor suggest the patient take regular exercises.
56. in which = where; on/at which = when
This is the house where I grew up.
It was last week when I had finished school.
57. Put + up + with + V-ing (chịu đựng…)
I can no longer put up with this noise.
58. Make use of + N/ V-ing (tận dụng cái gì đó…)
Try to make use of the extra flour, you can make some amazing cakes.
59. Get + adj/ Pii (làm cái gì hoặc trở nên thế nào đó)
I had better get things done this week before the upcoming holiday.
60. Make progress (tiến bộ…)
The family was estatic as their son had made some progress since they last saw him.
61. take over + N (đảm nhiệm cái gì…)
As she was visiting our grandparents, my mother let me take over the house until she got home.
62. Bring about (mang lại)
Playing sports brings about tremendous benefits to people.
63. Such + N + that … (cái gì … đến nỗi mà …)
Such a low bridge that the bus couldn’t go under.
64. At the end of và In the end (cuối cái gì đó và kết cục)
At the end of the seminar, parents and the speaker gathered for a photo.
In the end, I decided to go back to college.
65. To find out (tìm ra)
I’ve found out that there is a mouse living in our house.
66. To succeed in (thành công trong…)
I hope that some day you will succeed in what you choose.
67. Go for a walk (đi dạo)
After lunch, I decided to go for a walk.
68. One of + so sánh hơn nhất + N (một trong những…)
One of the most modern car is here with us tonight.
69. It is the first/ second…/best + time + thì hiện tại hoàn thành
It is the first time I’ve been to Hanoi.
70. Live off (sống nhờ vào …)
When I was on vacation, I mostly lived off snacks and beer.
71. To be fined for (bị phạt về)
I was fined 200.000 VND for jumping the light.
72. from behind (từ phía sau…)
As my boss was approaching from behind, I lowered my voice.
73. so that + mệnh đề (để….)
I stopped playing video games so that I could focus more on study.
74. In case + mệnh đề (trong trường hợp…)
In case it rains tonight, bring an umbrella with you.
75. can / could have Pii (đáng lẽ ra có thể làm gì)
I could have avoided the rain if I had stayed at home.